Two Scholarships opportunities are listed below, so please consider them and see if a family member or friend qualifies to make an application.
- AVCAT 2019 Scholarship: The Australian Veterans Children Assistance Trust (AVCAT) is a national independent charity helping children and grandchildren of ex-service Veterans with the cost of tertiary education. Applications for the 2019 Long Tan Bursary and sponsored scholarships up to $12,000 , managed by AVCAT, open on 18 August, 2018, and close on 31 October, 2018.
To be eligible students must be:
- A child, step-child, foster child or grandchild of an ex-serving Australian Veteran
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled, or planning to enrol in 2019, in a full-time course atan Australian University, TAFE College or Registered Training Organisation
- Receiving, or eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent means-tested educational payment.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs also issued a Factsheet MRC47, regarding Education Schemes. This provides extensive and detailed information about the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) and the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (MRCAETS). There are numerous requirements and qualifications for these schemes with regard to eligibility, allowances, and assistance available.
To find out more contact DVA as follows: